"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

spiritually short sighted

Jesus the Christ Chapter 16, continued...

John 1:43-45
John 6:5-7
John 14:8-9

Philip was the first called apostle of Jesus and bore testimony of Jesus as Messiah. However, other instances, where Philip was mentioned, show him short sighted. Jesus worked with Philip and tested him, as He does with each of us. Will we anticipate Jesus' miracles in our lives? Will we know Him when He is in our midst? Or will we be spiritually short sighted like Philip? I hope that won't be my way.

If that is the hope, what must I do? The scriptures are the owner's manual. Pray fervently and without ceasing. Repent of my sins and plead for His helping hand with my weaknesses. Feast upon the word's of Christ. Love Jesus by keeping His commandments. Count my blessings and acknowledge His hand in all things. Accept His atoning grace and allow faith in Him to guide my life. Love my neighbor. Most of all, love the Lord with all my mind, might, and spirit. Maybe then, I'll pass the test, trust Him, and anticipate miracles. Maybe then, He won't ask, 'Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me.'