"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

what will it be

Jesus the Christ Chapter 16 continued...

John 6:7112:1-7; 13:26; 13:29
Matthew 26:6-13
Mark 14:3-9
Matthew 27:5
Acts 1:18
John 17:12

I knew Judas Iscariot sold Jesus to His enemies. However, I wasn't aware that he was a thief as well. Apparently, he was the treasurer or holder of the purse for Jesus and the Twelve, and a stingy treasurer at that. John called him a thief, while Matthew and Mark were less forward about that point. It seems even though Jesus saw a spark of greatness in the man, Judas couldn't rise above the natural man.

Likening this scripture to myself, my question must be: can I let my spark of greatness shine forth to build the kingdom of God (and myself), or will I allow my human nature to drag me down? Which will it be selfishness or service, grudges or forgiveness, kindness or meanness, humility or pride, faith or fear?