"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

focus

Jesus the Christ Chapter 17 continued...

Matthew 6:1-18
Luke 11:2-4
Mark 12:41-44
Luke 21:1-4
Exodus 16:16-21
Matthew 18:25-33
Matthew 7:6
Acts 17:28
Luke 18:10-14

"...prayer is not compounded of words, words that may fail to express what one desires to say, words that so often cloak inconsistencies, words that may have no deeper source than the physical organs of speech, words that may be spoken to impress mortal ears...Prayer is made up of heart throbs and the righteous yearnings of the soul, of supplication based on the realization of need, of contrition and pure desire," James Talmage, Jesus the Christ.

I'm so grateful for the instructions found in the Lord's Prayer. Worship, Gratitude, Supplication, Forgiveness, Repentance, Submissiveness, Deliverance, and Acknowledgement before the Father uplifts the petitioner, beggar, applicant. My new prayer journal helps me focus my attention so my prayers don't become random day dreams. In turn, focusing helps me feel my Father's love more fully. Still I am far from the righteousness of the poor widow, who gave all her might. Mostly, I tend to be more like the unmerciful and unprofitable servants, but I'm working on it.