"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

overcoming

Jesus the Christ Chapter 17 continued...

Matthew 5:21-48
Luke 6:27-36
Exodus 21:23-25
Leviticus 24:17-22
Deuteronomy 19:21
Leviticus 19:18
Deuteronomy 23:6
Psalm 41:10

Jesus wanted His followers to rise to the higher law. Certainly, penalties for the sins murder, fornication, adultery, theft, and so forth were and are still in effect, however, Jesus taught overcoming the emotions that lead up to such sins: anger, lust, greed, grudges, etc. He even went so far to teach us to suffer rather than commit wrongs. While the old retribution of an eye for an eye was tolerated before His ministry, the old Levitical teachings (Lev. 19) to be holy, live righteously, love your neighbor, and keep the commandments were emphasized and even magnified. Jesus taught us to forget ourselves and serve others even to the extent of praying for our enemies.

Oh, how I fail at times to keep anger in check, to forgive, to dismiss grudges. I repent and do well and fail and feel just awful. When will I get to the point that this weakness becomes my strength?