"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

as angels

"And now, behold, my beloved brethren, I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. But, behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts? Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost? Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do. Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark. For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do," 2 Nephi 32:1-5.

While meditating in the temple chapel yesterday, I read the above passage. Even though I've read it dozens of times before, the Holy Ghost taught me a new truth. Probably, most people don't need to read dozens of times for this epiphany, but that is the case with me.

We can be as angels if we allow the Holy Ghost to teach us through scripture study and prayer. How? The tongue of Angels is the Word of Christ, the scriptures. If we immerse ourselves in scripture or feast upon it, our speech becomes laced with it. Plus, the Holy Ghost can whisper inspiration in language we find familiar.