"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

rededicate

"He fashioned their hearts alike; He considereth all their works," Psalm 33:15.

This verse from my Christmas Devotional connects perfectly to my other scripture studies today. Reading in Mosiah 5, I was touched and inspired by the following verses.

"...Because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually... (M 5:2)...take upon you the name of Christ (M 5:8)...called by the name of Christ (M 5:9)...whosoever shall not take upon him the name of Christ must be called by some other name (M 5:10)...this is the name...that never should be blotted out, except it be through transgression; therefore, take heed that ye do not transgress, that the name be not blotted out of your hearts (M 5:11)...hear and know the voice by which ye shall be called, and also, the name by which He shall call you. For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and whom is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart? (M 5:12-13.)"

I consider this morning, who do I serve? To whom do I give my heart and loyalty? Do I know Jesus' voice? Do I listen for His voice? Am I a stranger to Him? Does He hold my attention and claim my intentions?

This year my birthday gift to Jesus is to rededicate my heart to be His loyal servant and always listen for His voice.