"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

signs everywhere

Praying For...peace on earth and good will toward all men...

Jesus Word..."For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved," John 3:17. Heavenly Father really does love us. Although He will never force anyone to follow His commandments, He gave them to make our journey back to Him more joyful and safe. If everyone lived by His Old Testament 10 commandments and New Testament greatest two commandments, their would be no war or poverty or despair. Jesus was sent to save us from ourselves and the effects of those who choose to follow the evil one. I love this season of the year, because everywhere there are signs that His grace can and does work to soften the hearts of men.

Cucina Fresca...We're invited to Christmas dinner at my Dad's house, where his wonderful wife will perform her cooking magic. Since I can't eat their food (her cooking is out of this world delicious), I'll consider taking a vegan quiche. OR maybe I'll just take a ginormous salad. I've been wanting to make this, since I saw it on youtube. Maybe now I'll get around to it.

Vegan Quiche with Potato Crust

2 yellow potatoes, sliced paper thin (need to get a mandolin for this house)

1 T nutritional yeast
1/3 c chick pea flour
1/3 c raw sunflower seeds
1/2 c rolled oats
1 T golden flax seeds
1 c  water
3 T lemon juice
1 t celtic sea salt + 1/2 tsp black Himalayan salt
1 t salt free mustard

1 can, salt-brined artichokes, drained and diced
2 c kale, steamed, squeezed dry, and minced
herbs to taste (sage, parsley, and thyme are traditional flavors for Christmas although basil, parsley, and thyme would be delicious, too.)
1/2 c mince sausage: mushrooms, onions, flax meal, and cauliflower with herbs to taste (sage, parsley, and thyme are traditional flavors for Christmas although basil, parsley, and thyme would be delicious, too). Bake in parchment lined pan at 350F for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper

Prepare veg. Bake mince sausage. Line pie pan with potato slices and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350F. Mix filling ingredients in a blender for 1 minute. Stir in artichokes and kale. Pour over potato crust. Dot with mince sausage. Sprinkle with black pepper and nutmeg. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Rest quiche for 10 minutes before cutting. Eat hot or cold.

Sound of Music...most days I play and sing hymns. My problem is the song keys in my book are never in my range. Back in high school, when I played the guitar, that problem was solved with a capo. But...I think I missed a learning opportunity. Since there is no capo for uke that I know of, I decided to transpose the chording for my hymns. Searching the internet, I found a sweet tutorial. Now I sing in a key comfortable for my no longer soprano, almost alto voice.

Pen and Brush...The last story I began petered out before it got anywhere. Like so many of my books, I couldn't think of a problem. I'm the proverbial character and setting girl. I get so attached to my characters, I don't want to give them problems. But...I started another one that is more promising. Before I even began, I knew what the problem should be. Maybe it will go somewhere, but even if it doesn't, I'll have fun building a little cottage and planting the garden around it with my new mind friends. I even have a black, giant schnauzer named Spooky. Maybe after I finish my Spooky story, I'll go back to the last one. I can't leave the characters to languish without knowing their story. Writing my day dreams keeps me content with the life I lead. I may never have the country cottage, orchard, and garden in my mind, but I have a nice little backyard with fruit trees behind a comfortable home.

Events...Some friends surprised us Friday night, when they invited themselves over for games. Since moving here, our thirty+ years friendship is just like if we had never met. Spencer is visiting, too, which always makes me happy.