"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

the greatest

Praying For...Faith, hope, and charity to soften the hearts and lift the souls of all my family, neighbors, and enemies.

Jesus' Word..."Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life," John 8:12. Jesus is our only hope. I don't mean the false Jesus that evil men hide behind to justify atrocities against mankind. I mean the Jesus I have come to know in the scriptures, the Prince of Peace and Lord of Love.

Bibliophilia...Although Alicia: My Story by Alicia Appleman wasn't written in the interesting style of A Hiding Place, this book should be included right there with it, Anne Frank's Diary, and The Endless Steppe. This girl inspires me to love the life I have and seek to make my own corner that much better. Then it was Nazi's and collaborators, today it's another group full of hate that wants to wipe out a group of people that see the world differently than they. It's kind of scary that I'm in the group the haters want to eradicate. Why can't we all get along, spend time with our families, read interesting books, play chess, and plant gardens?

Grand News...My grands are the greatest! Quinn, our nearly six-year-old court jester, got some grapes in a kids meal packaged in a wrapper labeled Grape Escape. When I tended them recently, I brought an old favorite game from Spencer's early days called Grape Escape. Grape Escape is a gas to play for kids of all ages. Anyway, Quinn was so excited over the grape package label. To Em he said. "Take a picture to send to Grammy! It's like our game." Looking forward to starting Grandchild of the Week again after the first of the year.

He even looks like he's plotting a new joke.

Cucina Fresca...We recently acquired a rice cooker. I had one years ago, but the old school ones were awful. I do believe I'm now in rice heaven with a plate of perfectly cooked rice and steamed veg. Apparently, I can quickly cook all sorts of meals from pasta to soup to curry to unfried rice to rice pudding.



Family Affair...We had the nicest week with our son visiting for the Christmas holiday. Both of us love to cook Asian foods, so we went to Lee Lee's three times. He cooked us some interesting, tasty Japanese dishes. I made yummy mushroom sushi. We also found the best Chinese restaurant in town and have eaten there three times in 10 days--the first time with my Mother. Our other son also came to town briefly and enjoyed the food at that restaurant. We saw Imitation Game, a sad but very interesting movie. J and I attended the temple yesterday for a very spiritual session. I saw a friend from my childhood, KG, whom I haven't seen in 35 years. We visited with Grandma twice, taking her some Christmas flowers on one visit. She's fading away, but at 97 that's expected. Who knows what God's plan is for her yet?

Movement...I am waiting for the bicycle J gave to me for Christmas. It may be lots of fun or just a bust. Even so, it's an adorable pink cruiser for small statured women.