"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, December 12, 2014

The Gift, My Savior

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord," Luke 2:11.



When Spencer was eight or nine, he memorized Luke 2 and quoted it on Christmas Eve for years. Whenever I read Luke 2 these days, I remember the fun hours we spent working on this project and so many others. I remember the delightful times I had as a hand-on mom. Because those years passed so quickly without me understanding what a blessing I had in that sweet and sassy bunch of children, my memories are at times bittersweet and a bit regretful. Laying aside disappointment in myself and all that, I mainly feel the enormous joy the blessing my children brought and still bring. “Children are an heritage of the Lord,” Psalm 127:3.

When I feel discouraged, I try to remember the false sense of business and my inability to see what I had at that time. It allows me to see the joy I have right here, right now. Jesus is my Savior on Earth as well as in Heaven. He is my balm of Gilead, my Grace, my Joy, my Peace, my Light, my Rest, my Gift.