"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

great relief

"In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judæa,and saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand," Matthew 3:1-2.

John preached to prepare the people for the coming of the Savior.

Feel godly sorrow for sin (2 Corinthians 7:9–10).
Confess and forsake sins (Doctrine and Covenants 58:42–43).
Make amends, where possible, for wrongs done (Luke 19:8).
Obey the commandments (Doctrine and Covenants 1:31–32).
Turn to the Lord and serving him (Mosiah 7:33).

Because no unclean thing can enter the presence of God, repentance helps us prepare to dwell with God, The Everlasting Father, and The Son, Jesus Christ, 3 Nephi 27:19. After some experience with daily repentance, however unworthy and poorly executed, I know it helps me draw nearer to them each day. When I am nearer my God, I am less likely to be tempted by the adversary's tricks. Since I struggle so much with weaknesses in my life, it is a great relief to know that these simple steps will bring me joy during this life and throughout all eternity.

BTW-I am still writing my prayers in a prayer journal with much success. Since I'm like a canine, always distracted by the proverbial squirrel, it helps me stay focused. This even more than my daily studies brings me closer to God and strangely closer to my far flung family.