"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, February 16, 2015

life is good

Praying for...Quinn, who is now training to be a ninja (aka taking karate lessons)...that he will be happy and safe, find joy in scholarship, obey his parents, and grow in faith...that my friends, family, neighbors, and enemies will be blessed with joyful family lives and pursue happiness that doesn't interfere with the rights of others.

Jesus Word...“For, lo, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah,...and I will cause them [plural] to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it,” Jeremiah 30:3. When fanatics in France murdered many journalists and Jews, President Netanyahu quietly called Jews to return to Israel. After last week's Danish killings of more Jews by murdering extremists, his words were louder and clearer. “To all the Jews of France, all the Jews of Europe, I would like to say that Israel is not just the place in whose direction you pray, the state of Israel is your home...“All Jews who want to immigrate to Israel will be welcomed here warmly and with open arms. We will help you in your absorption here in our state that is also your state." I was touched that this is further fulfillment of Biblical prophecies regarding this people. "...if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear," Doctrine and Covenants 38:30. Of course my feelings on the matter may not be accurate, since I'm not a prophet. But God commanded prophets to include prophecies that lead up to the second coming of Jesus Christ, so that we might see the signs and continue to prepare for eternity.

Bibliophilia...I read a wonderful book this week, The Kite Rider. I will likely send it to Cole, when it is his turn to be grandchild-of-the-week. This week I'm reading 11 Birthdays recommended by a sweet young girl from church, since I'm always looking for good books to send the grands. I'm also reading Queen Eleanor, which I'm not sure about yet. We sent Quinn another Magic Tree House book and Research Guide; this one's about dogs.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...no, I have no doctor's degree. Pursuing knowledge of alternative, natural healing and nutrition is a passion of mine. Anyway, I'm having lots of success with elderberry syrup this year. When I do come in contact with a bug, its journey through my body is stamped out pronto. I can't remember a year in the last decade, when I've been without the usual colds and flus during cold weather. I'm more careful with herbs than I once was after my hawthorn debacle. Who knew it caused low blood pressure. With a naturally low bp, it was making me pass out a couple winters ago. Sure glad I figured it out. Still gaining benefits of eating no oil, no animal products, and no allergens. I feel fantastic.

Nothing really special going on, but I'm having a lovely February. The weather is mild. Our little cottage is adorable. We both enjoy the benefits we are experiencing with Essentrics. Spending time with family is wonderful. I'm revisiting a book I started and didn't finish over a year ago and delighting in spending time with those characters again. Painting is fun. Genealogy is fruitful. Life is good.