"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

blessed abundantly

"And he did exhort them then with all the feeling of a tender parent...," 1 Nephi 8:37.

"And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up," Deuteronomy 11:19.

"All children have claim upon their parents for their maintenance until they are of age," Doctrine and Covenants 83:4.

As I read the scriptures, one thing seems to saturate the whole, love. Because Lehi loved his children, he exhorted or taught his children the gospel. And so the Lord through Moses taught us to teach the gospel to our children, whom we dearly love. fWhen we become parents, we become responsible to that child for nurture, sustenance, and training until they are adults. If we don't pay especial attention to the spiritual welfare of children, they will mature in darkness and lead unhappy, meaningless lives. Some will not understand the spiritual void and will seek to fill it with worldliness.

As a child, I was taught by my mother to pray the traditional, children's bedtime prayer, now I lay me down to sleep. She also modeled absolute honesty and integrity. My father encouraged me to attend church with my friends and taught me to be careful of the feelings of others. These loving teachings in part led to my conversion to and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Attempting to live the gospel and absolutely embracing Jesus as my Savior, I have been blessed abundantly with true joy.