"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Grace and Angels

Praying For...Gracie our youngest grandchild and birthday girl...that she will know and love Jesus Christ...that she will be safe and secure...that all adults in authority over her will treat her gently, see her potential, encourage her talents, and give her proper boundaries...that leaders of nations will respect the sanctity of childhood and the family...that Jesus will come and bring peace.


Jesus Word..."Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need," Hebrews 4:16. I heard Grace explained in a very understandable way today. The grace of the resurrection is for everyone to ever be born on earth. The grace of the atonement is for anyone who accepts and acts upon it...I like this explanation.

Bibliophilia...Grandma and I are reading the Bible again this year. Each night I love to fall asleep to Alexander Scourby's beautiful reading of the King James version...re-read The Family Nobody Wanted...reading Amazed By Grace by Sheri Dew...while visiting this week, I worked with Quinn to discover what sorts of books were a good reading level. Although he's only in kindergarten, he reads about 2.5. However, 2.5 books the length of Magic Tree House intimidate him. We tried Cat in the Hat Learning Library, and he exploded in his desire to read. There are 32 books in that series. Likely, by the time he's done with them and some other Dr. Seuss, Magic Tree House and Box Car children will be just right.

Grammy Time...loved tending Q and S...loved seeing the other grands, too...but attending Oakley's baptism was special beyond words...She was so happy to make her first covenant with God, because she knew exactly what it was all about. At baptism, we promise to do our best to live the commandments, walk in Jesus' way, and repent our sins, while God promises to forgive repented sins, to allow us to have the Holy Spirit as a constant companion, and to allow us to live with Him again.











Miracle of the Week...on the way to Oakley's baptism, a California driver cut me off. The only way to keep from plowing into the rude driver was to break and swerve, which caused me to go up onto two wheels. How the car didn't roll can only be explained by ministering angels. Maybe this experience so close to Oak's baptism made me more sensitive to the Holy Spirit during the service. When the Spirit touches me, I often find myself in tears. It was so hard to leave these loved ones behind and drive to the airport.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...I'm so grateful that I was led by my Father in Heaven to nutritional healing and movement...I've come so far because of adopting nutritional healing that mirrors the Word of Wisdom. Onions, mushrooms, beans, and greens are the secret to getting lean. Of all the satiating starches I've experimented with, beans seem to be my best choice. Plus, I love them. With the addition of movement, it's as if I've been given a new lease on life. My Heavenly Father loves me. It will be so nice to get home, where walking and biking is so much easier with the trails, bike lanes, and lovely, early-morning weather. I also can't wait to play in my garden.