"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

we'll see

Praying For...Gracie...that she will be safe and secure...that she will come to know Jesus...that her world will afford her a joyful childhood.

Jesus Word...“And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely,” Hosea 2:18.

Garden Gate...comfrey is growing like gang busters...mangos and apples are thriving...guandulas are doing pretty well...gogis are struggling...mulberries are ok...curry bushes are fine...moringa loves the heat and is pretty tasty...lots and lots of baby herbs growing and growing...BUT the mosquitos out there are eating me alive. I've started wearing long leggings and long sleeved shirts out in the garden, making it necessary to garden early in the morning. I spend other time planting the future garden in my head...it's going to be so shady and tasty and verdant and productive!!!!

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...I used to get embarrassed if I got sick or something. After all I am very into preventative nutrition and alternative healing. I should be the model of health; shouldn't I? Well, I got into this stuff for the simple fact that medical physicians didn't meet the needs of my health. I was sick and tired of getting more sick and more tired. So, while I struggle from time to time with my health, I know it's not nutrition or medicine letting me down. It took over 40 years to get in the state I was when I made all my changes. I may never fully recover...BUT I can eat tiny bits of wheat products with no symptoms now (even though I continue to avoid them for the most part.) My naturopath said I might overcome some of my allergies if I healed enough. So, while I continue to struggle with a few things, I do have indications or tiny glimpses that I am getting better.

Needle News...planning to sew an eyelet summer dress on Grandma's machine, which I inherited...we'll see...

Pen and Brush...I joined an online drawing class, which has me drawing a bit more again. I'm really enjoying it!

Bibliophilia...reading an Albert Marrin book about D-Day that I should have read years ago. As with all his books, it's superb. I continue to read from the Orphan Train Adventures by and thoroughly enjoy it. Plus, I'm studying scripture most days as usual.

Movement...because of a health scare, I'm sticking closer to home. Just walking a mile and doing short essentric workouts in the morning. Adding foam rolling back in at night. When my problem is resolved, and it is resolving, I can't wait to take long bike rides again. Life is so good.