"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hi Claire!

We hope you are having a wonderful, safe, and happy summer. Is it nearly time for first grade already? It’s hard to believe that you are that old.

Amazon won’t let me write notes in my packages anymore, so I’ll write about the things we sent here. I read A Nest For Celeste to Sammy and Quinn, which all enjoyed it very much. In fact I can safely say we LOVED it—especially the illustrations. Maybe you will, too. I’m pretty sure someone will need to read it to or with you.

Uncle Spencer and I enjoyed the Tchaikovsky CD, when he was small. We think you will like the music and story as well. Although I like lots of different types of music, classical is my favorite. Symphony concerts are among my favorite things to do. What’s your favorite type of music?

When Sammy and Quinn visited, I had an opportunity to talk with them about the way brothers and sisters ought to treat each other. Did you know the scriptures warn parents not to allow their children to fight with each other? If God thinks it’s important enough to for brothers and sisters not to fight to include instructions in the scriptures, we ought to listen. Don’t you think? It seems everyone is so nice to their friends but not so much with their brothers and sisters. At 51, I know that friends come and go. Most of them are in your life for a short time and then move on to new places or interests. That’s ok. But, your siblings are eternally yours. Doesn’t it make more sense to reserve our best kindnesses and niceties for people who will be around forever? Shouldn’t we try our hardest to make a good impression on the people that should matter to us the most? Choose cherishing. Cherish means protect and care for someone lovingly; adore, hold dear, love, dote on, be devoted to, treasure, revere, esteem, admire, prize, value highly, hold dear. We simply can’t and don’t do those things if we grudge, envy, dislike, distain, hurt, argue, connive, tantrum, slight, or yell. Please, remember to think before you act and always cherish your siblings (and parents).

What have you been doing this summer? As much as your mother likes to swim, I bet you are swimming quite a bit. Because the best weather around here isn’t during summer, I’ve mostly been doing indoor things like museums and indoor pools. We have a new musical museum here that is really interesting as well as an indoor butterfly garden. I guess those are my favorite summer things this year so far. Soon the heat will fade, making the rest of the year mostly like spring. I’m really looking forward to that. If we don’t get our bike ride in before 7 in the morning, it is just too hot to do it.

Our new puppy, Dash, loves to ride in her special basket on the front of my bike. She’s much too little to run along side like big dogs do. She gets her exercise throughout the day as we walk her around the block to do her doggy business. I’m so glad I listened to Heavenly Father and patiently waited for the right dog. She is perfect for Papa and me.

Claire, we love you and are praying for you this week. Hold onto your faith in Jesus Christ. Build upon that faith until it is unbreakable and makes you hunger for righteousness. Love your family with all your might. Keep smiling your lovely smile. Study hard in school. I guess I'm saying, be the best Claire you can possibly be.