"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

under the bridge

Praying For...Quinn, who is visiting me this week. It's so much fun to help him over the final hump of learning to read. He's a wonderfully well behaved and kind six-year-old. I pray that his Christlike disposition will be nurtured and encouraged...that his neighbors and leaders of nations will open their eyes and hearts to the sanctity of the family and guard the innocence of childhood...that peace, plenty, faith, and liberty will be his all the days of his life.

Sound of Music...I transposed I Think You're Wonderful to the key of C to allow me to sing and play it on ukulele with the grands. We are having a wonderful time singing together. Although I seriously lack skill and talent, they enjoy my violin playing and sit right in the room with me listening. If I knew what easy critics children were, I might have picked up my violin during my child-rearing years. That's water (and my skills) under the bridge though.

Pen and Brush...we are having the best time drawing twice a day with Imagination Station by Mark Kistler. AND for the first time, I'm not concerned with color. I had no idea that pencil drawing was so fulfilling. When I began reading the well illustrated novel, A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home, to the grands, I saw with my own eyes how beautiful graphite could be.

Bibliophilia...we simply adore A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home...I didn't like Edward Toulane at all. Now I'm previewing A Tree for Peter by Kate Seredy. Also, I just started When Jesus Wept by Bodie and Brock Thoene.

Needle News...after church Sammy and I stitched lavender strawberries. She enjoyed it even more than I thought she would. We made them with red mini dot and green gingham to look more like strawberries. Oh, do they smell good.



Grand Gossip...these children are amazingly patient and simply interested in everything. The music instrument museum was so enjoyed that we didn't see it all; so was the art museum...Their favorite activity, though, is swimming lessons in which they are progressing very quickly. This is our last week together. Hopefully, we'll finish doing all the things we've planned.

Puppy Prattle...our Darling Dash is revealing her personality. Although still somewhat shy in new situations, she is definitely a Yorkie. She struts around like she's ten feet tall around those she loves. She gives a little yip or nip to let us know she has to go out...NOW! And if I don't watch, she escapes onto the carpet and runs around and around. It's quite funny. Of course, some of this wouldn't be cute if she were a big dog; at 4 lbs, it's hilarious.

Cucina Fresca...I've been teaching the grands to cook simple things for breakfast like toast with jam, peanut butter, or banana, nuked potatoes and yams, corn on the cob, muesli, pico de gallo, and nuked pop corn in a paper bag. Children, who are competent are confident, are usually content and kind.