"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, August 10, 2015

I feel good!

Praying For...children all over the world...I feel especially tender toward children, because they are the future, because they are so trusting, and because they are so vulnerable. Events during my childhood crushed my trust, something I hope many children never experience. "It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones," Matthew 18:6.

Teaching Little Children...so looking forward to my volunteer work resuming soon. Teaching a child to read is like witnessing a miracle. It's one thing I'm good at, and it brings my great satisfaction.

Garden Gate...gardening in this harsh climate is going to be a challenge. I decided to stop watering by hand. Whatever can survive with the water from my automatic watering can live. Some things are barely hanging on. Some are thriving. Others perished. If I had to survive here in this desert, I would plant many, many moringa, a few mesquite, and nopales both of which grow and thrive with little water. Morninga provides all necessary nutrients, mesquite pods make delicious griddle cakes, while nopales gives a sort of vegetable and fruity sweetness. Thankfully, God sent me to a place and time of abundance. Still, I feel a need to grow my own as the song says. This fall I'm going to put in a dozen or more moringa and several other things.

Puppy Prattle...Dash had a potty relapse yesterday with, count them, 5 accidents. Gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong. I think I jinked myself. They day before, I started calling her jackpot. She's so sweet and gentle and affectionate. However, she has one HUGE flaw. Years ago, we had a miniature schnauzer with a similar issue. Finally, I installed a dog door and put his kennel up to the dog door opening. If he wanted in the house, he was allowed only in his kennel. After a week or so, we let him back inside, where he had only one more accident for the rest of his life; that one wasn't his fault. Easter morning, our children received Easter baskets filled with chocolate and other goodies. Our daughters somehow shut Fritz in their bedroom with the baskets within his reach. He ate everything in the baskets and proceeded to get ill out his backside. Nearly everything they left out was covered by his accident as was our white carpet. Like I said; that accident wasn't his fault.

Cucina Fresca...our meals have taken on a simpleness that agrees with me completely. Per Dr. Klaper, I don't eat unless I'm hungry. Right now that means 12 and 5. Each meal starts with a half pound or more of veggies in the form of soup, salad, or smoothie. Then I progress to legumes, grains, potatoes, or sweet potatoes for protein, satiation, and energy. Dessert is fruit if I desire. Salt, oil, sugar, and any of their counterfeits are banished. Even though I'm maintaining my weight, I feel lighter. My feet are not swollen anymore. Even my trunk has lost the bloating. I feel good!