"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

a true American

Praying For...Gayle and all children around the world...the more I work with children the more I hope for their protection from predatory actions from unkindness from anything that mars their innocence...I pray that all children might have access to gentle, scholarly, and spiritual education that they might become stalwart, intelligent, leaders of nations and families...yes, I know not all children are destined to receive such blessings, but that is what I hope and pray.

Ponderization..."Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16. Not sure how to let my light shine at this point.

Teaching Little Children...I made a great error in judgement this week. I work with one little girl that is quite delayed in speech and emotions. Although she is very tall, working with her is like working with a defiant two or three year old. After we finished our sound lesson, which interestingly enough she is learning rapidly, I sent her to work with initial sound work. She flat out refused, "NNNNNO!." Oh, no! Now what? Luckily, the head teacher knew how to get me out of that dilemma. She asked the girl if she wanted to miss out on Friday pizza, while she finished the task. Because she enjoys pizza so much, she went right over and did the work. Now, how do I repair this relationship!

Yorkie Yarns...Dash has decided all my socks are hers. Yesterday, I pulled out some of my colorful socks to put on before bed. She literally dove to get them, barking and such. It was hilarious. Then she decided my bone pillow was hers, as she grabbed the carrying loop, pulled from under my computer, and tried to shake it to death. Her personality has emerged after months of shyness. Sometimes it's funny as above. Sometimes it's just not. She is pretty easy to train, although she only has sit, come, down, and dance pretty well. Stay is her newest hurdle, which may take all her life. It's good she's only 4.5 lbs.

Sound of Music...It was quite embarrassing. I forgot to tighten my bow before I played a very unpracticed version of Danny Boy for the children this week. They are learning a bit about many of the countries in Europe. Montessori geography is beautiful with the map puzzles and all. When we celebrate United Nations day (instead of Halloween), I will dress in traditional Scottish (Stuart) regalia. Apparently, my 14th great grandfather is James II of Scotland through my Sutton line. Truth be told, I have the blood of many European nations as well as Native American and possibly Israeli (still researching this one) running in my veins. I guess you could say I'm a true American.