"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

marvel time and again

I marvel time and again that I live in this time and place with its wealth of the written word and liberty of thought, word, and religion. Each evening I listen to Alexander Scourby read the Bible. Each morning I read a bit of William Tyndale's biography. Since before Tyndale's great work common people were forbidden to read the Bible, which wasn't even translated into English, these two directly correlate. What a blessing to have scripture!

"I vehemently dissent from those who are unwilling that the sacred scriptures, translated into the vulgar (common) tongue, should be read by private persons. Christ wishes His mysteries to be published as widely as possible. I would wish even all women to read the gospel and epistles of St. Paul, and I wish that they were translated into all languages of all Christian people, that they might be read and known, not merely by the Scotch and the Irish, but even by the Turks and the Saracens. I wish that the husbandman may sing parts of them at his plow, that the weaver may warble them at his shuttle, that the traveller may with their narratives beguile the weariness of the way." Erasmus translated from Latin by William Tyndale.

Some say these sentiments of Erasmus began William Tyndale's desire to translate the Bible into English. I'm so grateful for his sacrifice.