"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Doctor Ginger to the Rescue





We know what is best for the bees. When cold weather arrives, it is time to reduce the size of the hives by removing the supers and extra hive bodies. With less space to heat, the girls have a better chance of making it through the winter. But......they don't know that.


Yesterday, when Joseph pulled the last super off our Jeckle/Hyde hive, the bees went crazy. One even stung Joseph through his suit right in the bicept. Ouch. No matter how big and macho a man is, bee stings are very painful.

We strapped a bag of frozen corn to the ouchie for about 20 minutes. It looked fine, so I forgot about it. But today it is anything but fine. It is swollen and infected and angry and red. So I did what I should have done from the get-go. I put a silver dollar sized swipe of plantain ointment and a gauze pad over the mean, swelling, smarting, redness. That should do the trick.