"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Let the Journey Begin

Hippocrates was spot on, when he proclaimed let food be your medicine and medicine be your food. I began the incurables on November 5, 2012. Almost immediately I felt somewhat better. As the weeks passed my stamina has increased and pain levels decreased. 99% of my symptoms have disappeared. The secret truly is in the greens (yellows, reds, purples, oranges, blues, and whites.) My hope has turned into a blessed assurance that my life is not that of premature old age and death. There is a work for me to do still on earth.

It's so strange...well not really...how God gently leads us in certain directions if we will only listen. I've told the story of how I was led to begin green smoothies and explore herbs with the School of Natural Healing. Along this path, other resources have been placed before me that I didn't pay attention to. So they quietly waited until I was ready to accept the message.

More than 2 years ago, our dear friend Kelsey Moon gave me an uncook book called RAW. Because the author is a little over the top in his appearance, I didn't give the book much thought. After nearly two months on raw juices and salads, I've begun exploring this totally fresh approach to eating. It's not that I didn't hear Dr. Christopher explain the mucusless diet it in his lectures; I just didn't connect the dots. Anyway....I've been devouring RAW and several other such books that have been sitting on my bookshelf. One has been there for over 4 years. I guess I needed to hit bottom before I was willing to open my eyes to see the possibilities and open my ears to hear these promptings.

Although I wrote an sorta uncook book last year, my fresh food adventures have reached new levels and new commitments. I've had a julian tool for a couple years, which is cumbersome and even dangerous to use--so making zucchini noodles hasn't been a regular occurrence. Last week, I ordered a spiralizer and now am off and running with new ways to prepare 'salad' that has everyone asking for second and third helpings. Maybe you would like to try a new family favorite.

Zucchini Fettucine with Rawsome Marinara (for everyone else, I just call it salad) (serves 2-4)

3-4 zucchini or yellow summer squash (spiralized on wide setting)
3 oz. sun dried tomatoes
a few dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
2-4 tomatoes
left over squash from spiralizing
1 small ripe bell pepper (red, yellow, orange)
a few leaves each fresh sage and basil
1 t. each fresh thyme and rosemary
pinch dried Italian herbs
1/2 clove garlic, pressed
1 bunch green onions (white parts only)
red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste
1/4 c. cauliflower (processed in food processor to resemble bits of cheese)
several basil leaves (ribbon cut)
1/4 c. minced parsley

Spiralize squash and put in ceramic serving bowl. Blend tomatoes, mushroom, squash, pepper, herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and onions until very smooth--do not overblend to heat. Toss squash and sauce. Serve immediately or warm in 105F dehydrator for 30-60 min. Garnish with fresh herbs and cauliflower cheeze.