"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Crudo Pomodoro Basilico Zuppa con Vermicelli

As always I tweaked the recipe I had from Christina for Epic Marinara Sauce/Soup/Dressing. This is what I came up with for a 10+ warm soup. I can't believe it is so filling, when it's really just a bowl of salad. But it's not heavy either--just deliciously satisfying.

Blend until smooth and warm 4 tomatoes, 1/2 red bell pepper, 2 green onions-white part only, 8 red chard stems chopped, 2 dehydrated shitake mushrooms chopped, 2 sundried tomatoes, 1 handful parsley, 5 leaves sage, a bit of fresh rosemary and thyme (don't forget to sing the refrain), and 6 leaves basil, 1 small clove garlic, a pinch of cayenne, a tiny bit of sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. Finely grate 1 or 2 small zucchini. Boil 1 1/2 c. water. Remove water from heat for three minutes. Stir in zucchini and a handful of grape tomatoes. Stir this into the puree. Garnish with more parsley or basil. A bit of balsamic vinegar drizzled over top is out of this world. Enjoy! This made 2 big bowls of soup.