"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

why not me

"We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord’s service, because we never are." Henry B. Eyring, April 2012

One idea has helped me immensely over the years. During His time in Gethsemane, Jesus experienced all pain, all sin, all grief, and all trials that would occur to Earthlings during life. We sometimes question. 'Would a loving God allow suffering especially the innocent or those that strive to live His commandments?' The answer is a resounding yes. We didn't come to earth to experience heaven; we came to learn and grow through experience. Are we greater than Jesus Christ, who felt all pain and suffering? So when the question 'why me' tries to pass my lips, I change it to 'why not me,' Doctrine and Covenants 122:7-9. It makes life a whole lot easier to realize that overcoming trials makes one strong while bitterness and self-pity do the opposite. Ask what would God have me learn from this trial AND ask for His helpful strengthening grace to learn what needs learning with dignity and strength. Jeremiah 8:22 He wants to lift and help if we will only let Him. Joshua 1:5 It takes faith to allow God in to allow the miracle of His grace to work in our lives. Ether 12:6-9 Ether 12:18; Doctrine and Covenants 84:88