"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Daily Reverence

I've been wondering about the idea of reverence. I used to think it meant, serious, quiet, and even stoic. But I cannot see Heavenly Father as a stern, frowning individual, when His desire for His children is joy, Luke 2:10; Psalm 118:24; 2 Nephi 2:25.  Unless we are laughing at something off color, he fills us with joy and laughter. Reverence is something more Than just quietly sitting. It's having respect for God and gratitude for blessings; it shows in a joyful countenance.

Sometimes it requires quiet, because the voice of God is calm, 1 Kings 19:12. Yesterday I had to go to an Apple Store and J C Penny. After being out here on the farm, the noise was deafening. I understand. When I wrk with young people out here, I don't talk over the noise. I say I have a quiet voice and did all my yelling at my children. They immediately understand and become still, another part of reverence, Psalm 46:10.

I think of reverence as sometimes quiet, sometimes still, always grateful, and always with shining eyes. We should show reverence for sacred and special things, Doctrine and Covenants 63:64. It seems reverence is a character trait instead only of the way we act at church.