"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, May 6, 2013

heart's desire

All day long I have a sort of running dialog in my head with my Heavenly Father (Alma 37:36-37). However, formal kneeling prayers were harder for me, although I know Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to talk with Him through prayer (Luke 21:36). It should never have been an issue, because it is simply telling Heavenly Father what is in my heart. As a little girl, I learned a couple recited prayers of pretty but meaningless words and phrases, likely the root of my prayer problem. Now I know sincere, heartfelt prayer (Moroni 10:3-5) allows me to feel close to Heavenly Father, know His will for me (Luke 22:41-42), to be protected (Doctrine and Covenants 10:5), and pour out my heart's desire (3 Nephi 14:7).