"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

so much more

I think the animals here are enchanted or captivated by great delight. About 10 days ago, I was playing hymns outdoors, when some birds lighted on the edge of the corral seeming to listen to the music. This morning the deer were out in the field before I began playing (indoors). As I played my memorized pieces, I looked out the window and noticed them looking up toward my window, where they tarried for quite some time. This makes me laugh with joy.

I've been working on The Light Divine, a difficult piece for me. I was attracted to it, because of the first verse words. The light of God rests on the face of brook and flower and tree and kindles in our happy hearts the hope of things to be. It is so cheery and optimistic. The chorus is sweeter still. Father, let thy light devine shine on us we pray. Touch our eyes that we may see; teach us to obey. Ours the sacred mission is to bear Thy message far. The light of faith burns in our hearts, truth our guiding star.

The hymnal directs to Psalm 43:3, but I like to include 4, also. I love the joyful message here. I realized that I've sung this a hundred times without paying attention to the words. The hymns, another form of prayer, can teach us much about God and our relationship with Him if we pay attention. Lesson learned. The last verses are filled with hope and joy, which I missed until now.

The light of faith abides within the heart of every child; like buds that wait for blossoming, it grows with radiance mild. Today thine unseen purposes by faith's rare light we feel. Dear Father, make us pure in heart; to us Thy will reveal.

I picked this one to allow me to pray my gratitude for the immense beauties of God's creation right outside my window. But it contains so much more than gratitude for the beauties of the earth.