"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

so much beauty

Praying For...Cole, our dear, 8-year-old, little professor so much like Spencer...let him find Jesus and find joy. Also, I decided to start rotating through my Primary children. Last week Truman was on my list. This week I'll give my attention to Noah, one of the triplets of whom I have two. Really, I pray constantly for children around the world to find Jesus and joy. Finally, I pray for God to stay the hands of those with power to inflict evil. I know He must allow the wicked to bring guilt upon themselves, but I still dream of world peace. Inner peace for children is my next plea, because it allows them to face trials with joy.

Meditations on Jesus' Word..."I have commanded you to bring up your children in light and truth," Doctrine and Covenants 93:40. I so much miss being a mommy. I loved teaching my children but wish I had done better. My example was not stellar.

Bibliophilia...sent Adam of the Road and Castles to Cole. Hope he likes them as much as my boys did. I so miss reading with my children. Buying books for the grands is fun but not as fun as spending time and reading with a child.

Covina Fresca...when friends or family are ill, I give them mild-tasting, heart-healthy, nutrient-dense, pantry-friendly Better Than Chicken Soup. Often they report it is the only thing they kept down for days and helped them not feel so weak.

4 c distilled water 1 c brown lentils 1/2 c dehydrated mixed vegetables 2 T dehydrated spinach 2 T dehydrated cabbage 1 t dried thyme 1/2 t cumin

Bring all to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 60-90 min. Or put in a slow cooker after breakfast for a wonderful lunch. Correct seasonings and salt to taste. If not making for the ill, add 1/4 c dried mushrooms, 1 t oregano instead of thyme, increase cumin to 1 t, and add 1/2 t red pepper flakes. Leftovers are fantastic with a couple teaspoons of curry powder mixed in and served over rice.

Country Diary...on the way to a baptism, we saw a seal in the water eating fish. A couple days ago, we were mowing a big field. A bunch of barn swallows began diving and swooping to catch the bugs thrown up behind our tractors. We love barn swallows. Friday, my beloved was out mowing one of the fields, and a stray border collie decided to lounge in the middle of the field.  When I headed that way to cut some trees, the dog ran off. It looks like Spring is easing into Summer. Although we’ve had tons of rain, it is warming up nicely. For almost two straight weeks, we couldn’t mow because of the rain. Then our best tractor broke. Playing catch-up is pretty fun but also hard. We love working on God’s farm.

Sound of Music...The Light Divine is a real challenge. Finally, got to play in the music circle Saturday. I can't believe the beauty of the sound out there and that it is coming from a violin I play.

Pen and Brush...some detest work. I prefer to work without bellyaching and find something I like about it. Mowing pasture can be boring....unless swallows are dive bombing the fields as the tractor throws up bugs. I love this. Also, so much time outdoors gives me time to think and pray.

Card for Cole