"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Writing Again

A couple years ago, I wrote a motivational book, Peter Pan Ponderings, for young adults teaching study skills, economics, and personal finance. Well received, many young people expressed a desire for a similar book teaching adult survival skills. Writing this book is funny, as I remember my own first experiences in adult responsibility. Because I was unprepared, I remember feeling I didn't want to be responsible anymore. One young man I mentored, who recently graduated and is at boot camp, echoes my old words. Lamenting his choice, he wishes he had stayed home and been a teenager a bit longer. With Wendy's Ways, I hope to help youngsters transition to independent adulthood a bit easier. While most young adults could benefit, I don't think it will ever ease the whole boot camp experience.