"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I could not ask for more

Praying For...Tyson, our 5-year-old Lego maniac as well as Wyatt, the spitting image of my youngest child and not with just looks...that the time they have to spend as children can be happy, innocent, and peaceful. Also, that children around the world can come to know the peace, truth, and light only found in the arms of Jesus. Praying that the people of the United States can learn the true meaning of liberty, what it cost generations of to achieve, and how important it is to retain it.

Pondering Jesus' Word..."Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven..." Matthew 5:12...learning to rejoice and be glad in spite of trails...

Bibliophilia...sent Billy And Blaze: A Boy And His Horse by C.W. Anderson plus a couple things summer boredom squelchers to Tyson. Wish I could find a lego book for someone his age. Read the Book Whisperer and loved it.

Cucina Fresca...our diet is getting simpler and less-expensive but at the same time more satisfying. McDougall is right. Using more dehydrated veg and sprouts because of the expense of buying on the island. Still experimenting to make a good gluten, nut, oil, dairy, egg, soy free pizza crust. Millet flour was just too strong tasting. Brown rice flour is too bland on its own but is still good. This week I'll try adding tapioca starch and perhaps quinoa flour. Even without the perfect crust, my pizza is delicious: tomato paste, spices, herbs, nutritional yeast, sliced tomatoes, minced spinach and basil, slowly carmelized onions, mushrooms, red peppers, oh my.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...I'm neither a doctor, nor a medicine woman. Quite simply, I enjoy studying alternative, home-centered, health care. Last week, my beloved cut his thumb on a tractor. I cleaned it up and forgot about it. Well, quickly and badly it became infected. When he showed me the mess, I got out the epsom salts and had him soak it 2-3 X daily as well as applying DoTerra On Guard essential oil that I buy from my daughter. Some preliminary studies have shown On Guard to be effective against mrsa and other pathogens. I know it was effective against whatever was infecting hubby's thumb. Anyway...only two days of treating the infection resulted in draining and healing. Amazing!

Mission Life/Sound of Music...cleaned the concrete pond of a decade of accumulated fir needles, moss, dirt, and so forth,  give or take. Around the edge it was being invaded by an army of seedlings, which we cut back, allow access to the lovely bridge. When nobody's around, I become the fiddler on the bridge, playing hymns to God.

Nature...something woke me up two nights ago...an owl sat outside my bedroom window hooting up a storm. It was hilarious.

Garden Gate...two of our poor, neglected hives have perished with the invasion of wax moths...but...one is producing honey like gang busters. That is according to my dear friend Jackie, who took it upon herself to put on supers and extract the first honey flow for us. Yes, the hives are in our home town, while we are miles away serving on this island. Now that's friendship. She's sending some of the honey up to us. Hurray!

Pen and Brush...I did paint and send cards last week but forgot to photograph them. One was a snail for Enzo and the other was a chipmunk for Oakley. I'll likely paint similarly for Tyson and Wyatt plus a birthday card for my mother.