"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

not trappings at all

Chapter 5 of Jesus the Christ has had lots of verses to look up and consider. This ending entry is no different. Since I've no timetable for this study, I'll take it as it comes, slow down when needed, and hopefully get the meat from it. All quotes are taken from this study guide unless otherwise noted.

1 Nephi 10:4-11
1 Nephi chapters 11 and 12; 19:10
2 Nephi 9:5-6; 10:3; 25:12-14; chap. 26
Mosiah 13:33-35; 15:1-13
Alma 39:15; 40:1-3
Alma 11:31-44
Helaman 14:1-6
3 Nephi 1:4-21
Revelation 19:10

"It is important to know that the scriptures of the western hemisphere are likewise explicit in the declaration of the great truth that the Son of God would be born in the flesh. The Book of Mormon contains a history of a colony of Israelites, of the tribe of Joseph, who left Jerusalem 600 B.C., during the reign of Zedekiah, king of Judah, on the eve of the subjugation of Judea by Nebuchadnezzar and the inauguration of the Babylonian captivity...and are today extant upon the land as the American Indians...The Nephite annals from the beginning thereof down to the time of our Lord's birth abound in prediction and promise of the Christ; and this chronicle is followed by a record of the actual visitation of the resurrected Savior to the Nephites, and the establishment of His Church among them...Thus the scriptures of both hemispheres and in all ages of ante-meridian time bore solemn testimony to the certainty of Messiah's advent; thus the holy prophets of old voiced the word of revelation predicting the coming of the world's King and Lord, through whom alone is salvation provided, and redemption from death made sure. It is a characteristic of prophets sent of God that they possess and proclaim a personal assurance of the Christ, "for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."[143] Not a word of inspired prophecy relating to the great event has been found void. The literal fulfillment of the predictions is ample attestation of their origin in divine revelation, and proof conclusive of the divinity of Him whose coming was so abundantly foretold."

I love Jesus Christ with all my heart. Reading scripture and studying His life bring me peace, hope, and joy. There is hope for such a one as me with my constant failings. Jesus will make up the difference between my best effort and perfection by His atoning grace and advocation for me before God. I will not be saved in my sins, but can be saved from them if I do my part: live the commandments, repent when I fail, pray continually, study his word, strive to emulate His character, and serve His children. Although some claim these trappings of religion are just man's way to keep people from having fun. I disagree. After decades of choosing this lifestyle, I find these things also bring me joy and comfort.