"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, October 20, 2014

act in His name

Chapter 16 of Jesus the Christ continued. It's not a long chapter but there are lots of categories with 12 apostles. Apparently, biblical scholars aren't too sure if there were two or three men named James in the Bible. One was Jesus' cousin, another Jesus' brother, and another the brother of John. The puzzlement occurs because some say the cousin and the brother are the same man. I'm no scholar, and it doesn't really matter. Suffice it to say, at least two men named James were apostles to Jesus Christ.

Acts 1:13
Acts 12:17; 15:13-21; 21:18
1 Corinthians 15:7
Galatians 1:19; 2:9,
Epistle of James

Reading the Epistle of James, I am reminded of so many things. Most compelling at this time, the admonition that faith without works is dead reminds me to do good to all men. This is not easy somethings, but perhaps, nothing worth doing is really easy. James tells me that I can faithfully praise Jesus' name all day long, but if I don't act in His name, I fail.