"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

so much more meaningful

"But I say unto you. That whosover is angry with his brother shall be in danger of His [God's] judgement...," 3 Nephi 12:21 and Matthew 5:22.

When I studied this morning, I felt inspired to use this scripture in my letter this Saturday to my oldest grandson, Cole. Now, I don't know if Cole has an anger issue or not. It doesn't matter. Jesus taught this to all the world of which Cole and I are a part. So...I'll pass it along as instructed.

Another bit of inspiration struck me for the same purpose.

“Think of the influence that the faith of a Primary-aged [child] can have on her family. Our daughter’s faith blessed our family when we lost our young son at an amusement park. The family rushed around frantically looking for him. Finally, our 10-year-old daughter tugged on my arm and said, “Mom, shouldn’t we pray?” She was right! The family gathered in the middle of a crowd of onlookers and prayed to find our child. We found him. To all the Primary [children] I say, “Please keep reminding your parents to pray!”

I'm so grateful to the Holy Ghost for inspiring my words to these beloved children. It's true; there is no way to know if it will make any difference. However, I learned a very hard lesson about listening to the promptings and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. It doesn't hurt me one bit to take an hour a week to write a letter, although it might make a tiny difference, too. Plus, it's fun to write to these children. They love it as is evidenced by their affection towards me. Sadly, I don't see any of them as often as I'd like, but I'll take what I can get. The Holy Ghost prompting me to bear testimony of Jesus Christ and His precepts has made that little bit so much more meaningful.