"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

my life line




Lehi received another revelation concerning his family and future posterity. They needed to take the word of God or scriptures with them to the new land, so that their family would not forget God. The scriptures of which Lehi spoke, was the stick of Judah or the old testament. As they kept records of their history and prophecies, they would create the Stick of Joseph.

To remember God, we are still commanded to study scripture today. I find that if I don't spend some time in the scriptures every single day, I have a difficult time keeping the commandments, keeping my thoughts on an even keel, and keeping my actions gentle and charitable. In other words, I am not the true me without a daily diet of the Word. Whenever I am confused, my questions are answered and my mind made clear with scripture. Scripture is my life line.

"And behold, it is wisdom in God that we should obtain these records, that we may preserve unto our children the language of our fathers; And also that we may preserve unto them the words which have been spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets, which have been delivered unto them by the Spirit and power of God, since the world began, even down unto this present time.," 1 Nephi 3:19-20.

"Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not show us what thou meanest by these? Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand," Ezekiel 37:16-19.