"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

priorities

Praying For...Gayle...that she will love Jesus more than worldly possessions, position, popularity, and pursuits...that she will be sympathetic to the needs of others, allowing her to be a true leader for Jesus Christ...that her parents will nurture her talents and spirit in a gentle, charitable manner...that leaders of nations will soften their hearts and protect the innocence of childhood and sanctity of families...that neighbors and enemies will choose to love, negotiate, and compromise instead of fight.

Jesus Word...This morning before church, I did my usual scripture study. As I read in the 16th Chapter of 1 Nephi, one scripture inspired to me rather clearly. “And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the pointers which were in the ball [this ball is a compass known as the Liahona], that they did work according to the faith and diligence and heed which we did give unto them.” Since the Liahona is interpreted as light of God, it seems the Liahona is metaphorical for the Holy Ghost. Nephi’s family knew which way to go if the listened, paid attention, and continually sought Heavenly guidance. When they didn’t, they wandered and had all manner of bad luck. We can learn from this! If we heed the guidance of the Holy Ghost, He will continue to guide us minute by minute. If we are slow to listen or don’t seek Him faithfully and diligently, we will be lost in the wilderness of our own mistaken direction. Personally, I’m a lot happier with constant inspiration as to the way I should go than when I get lax. So…please, remember to make personal study and prayer a priority every day.

Bibliophilia...Read Running Out of Night by Sharon Lovejoy, a captivating, suspenseful, and fascinating historical fiction children's novel, which I also sent to Gayle. Although it is written for children, anyone that likes a good story, herbal healing, nature, folklore, and poetic justice would enjoy it. I also sent her Fractions Keys, Tchaikovsky Discovers America, a Dover coloring book (she loved Enchanted Forest), and a piano book full of easy to play Primary songs. Engaged children are happy children. My grandchildren are one of my biggest priorities like I was with my grandmas.

Ginger Gets Fit...changing the heading of this section as we are changing the way we see leisure. I've been biking a bit since I Christmas. Last week J got a bike, too. The people at the bike shop told him about the bike friendly, mostly care-free bike trails all around our urban area and into the country. Friday we went an easy 3 miles. Saturday we weren't satisfied so easily and peddled 7. As a child, my bike was my main transportation. Getting back into it, I remember how much I loved it. A date of bike riding is ever so much more fun than an immoral movie or some boring restaurant (which food often makes me ill anyway). Still doing essentrics almost daily, too. Who knew this confirmed couch potato would actually enjoy fitness?

Cucina Fresca...mostly eating fresh fruit, beans, and salads but made yummy Sambar, oat waffles, and mushroom stir fry this week...so I guess nothing new but everything delicious.

Homemaking...AND all this new energy is saving money, too. I really don't want to contract the house keeper anymore. I can do a better job in less time. So...I am and loving every minute of it. This week I deep clean the kitchen and laundry room as well as the usual dailies. Sure do miss teaching children in my home...sigh...

Needle News...doing some hand work, lavender strawberries...used Karen's kit to get me started. I think this could be addicting.

Garden Gate...mulch being delivered and trees planted Wednesday...yes, I still need help with a few things like digging holes and shoveling mulch. That's ok. At least I am improving my property and my health.

Sound of Music...I love that I'm strong enough again to play my violin!!! Nearly every morning, playing and singing hymns is part of my routine.

Bittersweet Byline...Grandma is now in a skilled nursing facility. After falling last Monday, she stayed in the hospital until Friday. It's amazing and saddening to watch the life stream out of her. At 98, she has had a wonderfully rich life. True, she had her share of trials, but somehow she remained positive and practical until this point. She is so tired she can't keep her eyes open. She's stopped taking food and drink. It's only a matter of time. Visiting her every day, I'm busier than I'd like to be but grateful I'm here to support and love her through this tough time.